Cadet Uniform Measurements
This website has a collar measuring device that will ensure you get a perfect measurement every time. This is not required to purchase, but is a fast way to help you get a good uniform grade every inspection!
Cadets are required to wear their NJROTC Uniform once a week on the designated uniform day. Normally this will be Thursdays for all classes. The designated day might change from time to time, so Cadets should always check the Plan of the Week to know for certain which day is the uniform inspection. Cadets need to wear their uniform for the ENTIRE school day.
Uniform wear is considered to be homework. Cadets are graded on:
1. Proper placement of insignia, ribbons, and name tags.
2. Cleanliness of the uniform, to include being pressed and wrinkle free.
3. Cadets arrive at school with all the proper uniform items.
4. Cadets meet all grooming standards.
The standards that are graded are given to each Cadet in their Cadet Reference Manual and have been explained in great detail during class.
1. Absent on uniform day (unexcused absence): If a Cadet fails to wear their uniform on the designated uniform day (unexcused), they can wear it on the next day and receive a grade as high as 75%. If they fail to wear their uniform on the designated uniform day, and also fail to wear their uniform on the specified make up day, they will receive a grade of Zero 0%.
2. Absent on uniform day (excused absence): If a Cadet is absent on their designated uniform day and the absence is excused, as long as the uniform is worn on the next academic day within the week, full credit will be awarded. Failure to wear the uniform on the next academic day will result in a grade of Zero 0%.
Failure to wear the uniform on the designated uniform inspection day in excess of three times in a quarter, will result in disenrollment from the NOVA NJROTC program.
Cadets that receive In School Suspension (IS) will NOT wear the NJROTC uniform and will automatically receive a Zero for inspection.
If you have any questions about this policy, contact Warrant Officer Salgado.